Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anything but the diet...

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for another installment of "Anything But the Diet", starring your pal, Mrs. B!

~This weekend, The BFF and I get to go visit this lovely little bundle of joy -

Little Miss Olivia Grace...can't wait! She's about 7 weeks old now.

~I was at Hallmark this weekend picking out a bridal shower card for Tonja and an anniversary card for The Hubs' parents, and came across this section. It makes me very, very happy.

(if you can't tell, they are same-sex wedding cards. The one with the tuxes is labeled "For the Grooms")

~ The Hubs and I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. It's hi-freaking-larious. And Betty White - she carries the movie.

~As I mentioned above, The Hubs' parents are celebrating their 31st year of marriage tomorrow. We're taking them out to dinner on Sunday, but I'm not sure where we're going yet. They are truly an inspiration to me, seeing as my parents have divorced (my mom's married to her third husband, my dad to his second wife).

~Speaking of anniversaries, I'm in the process of planning our big to-do for our first. I'll update you more as plans get made, but I'm super excited. We aren't going on a trip or doing anything huge, but I think it will be super fun!

~On September 12th, Tonja and Jason are getting married! The BFF and I were at Tonja's bridal shower this past weekend, and had a blast. Their wedding date also happens to be the day my step-grandparents are having a party for their 50th wedding anniversary. (Their actual anniversary is in October). We are super sad that we won't be able to go to their party, but they are taking the entire family out to dinner at the most famous restaurant in Ohio on their actual anniversary.

~My company is big into volunteer projects and recently gave us the opportunity to sign up to work with People Working Cooperatively for a day. On August 19th, I'll be attempting to do home repairs for the needy. Hopefully I will get a project like screwing in lightbulbs or something that I can't screw up. I'll let you know how it goes...

~On September 19th, a big group of us are going to the Ohio Renaissance Festival. It will be a fun-filled day of costumes, midieval games, and giant turkey legs...what could be better?!

Guess that's all for now.

No comments: