(Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mrs. B...what's the point?)
I have an affinity for elloquent speakers. JFK? Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt? Barack Obama? They move me. So now, I'm channeling my love for wisdom and elloquence by posting some of my favorite motivational and weight-loss quotes. I'm posting them here, and I will also post them on the side of the blog, so that they will be there to motivate for all eternity. (What? You think that's stretching it a bit?)
I found some of these through one of my awesome BHM ladies, and others, I found myself.
I hope you find some inspiration from them, as I have. ("Finish strong" is my mantra during the last few minutes of my workouts!)
- "Finish strong!"
- "Fitness to me isn't about a crunch or a push up - it's about taking your power back."
- "Unless you puke, faint or die - KEEP GOING!"
Unknown Author (if you know who said these, let me know):
- "Nothing worth having comes easily."
- "Never exchange the thing you want most for the thing you want in the moment" -BHM Misha's WW Leader, Phil. Thanks, Misha!
- "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." - Weight Watchers - thanks Lyndsey!
Well known personalities:
- "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Never, never, never quit." - Winston Churchill
- "We can do anything we want to, if we stick to it long enough." - Helen Keller
- "The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Ghandi
People I've never heard of, but I liked what they had to say:
- "Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality." - Ralph Marston
- "One way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life." - Cyril Connolly
- "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." - David Viscott
- "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun
And a Japanese Proverb thrown in:
- "Fall seven times, stand up eight."
Do you have any great motivational quotes that you'd like to share with the rest of the class?