Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Friday, April 24, 2009

"So hold on tight, we'll muddle through, one day at a time..."

("One Day at a Time" Theme Song)

249.2

Slowly but surely...we're getting there, and I'm okay with that. I was hoping to be in the 248's, but I'm pretty darn close. I'm under 250, which means more than a 10 pound loss since I started this whole darn journey. (8.8 pounds since starting the 20/20 challenge, which averages out to 1.76 pounds per challenge week!)

All in all, I'm happy. I've actually accomplished something, allbeit a small feat. I've fought for these 10 pounds. I have sweated. I have wanted to cry at times. But I did it. The frustrating part comes when I know how hard this was, and then know I've got to do the same thing five more times to get to my goal. And then five more times after that to be at a "healthy" weight.

But, as I've said before, I can't think of it that way. Every time I do, I get frustrated. So, no. I don't have to lose 10 pounds five more times. I have to lose 10 pounds one more time, by May 23rd. That's it. Just one more time. I can do that. I'm already on my way.

Only 9.2 more pounds to go until I hit my goal.

Totally do-able. Totally.

This is it, this is it.
This is life, the one you get,
So go and have a ball.

This is it, this is it.
Straight ahead, and rest assured,
You can't be sure at all.

So while you're here, enjoy the view,
Keep on doing what you do,
So hold on tight, we'll muddle through,
One day at a time, one day at a time.