Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Monday, April 6, 2009

"It's just another manic Monday..."

("Manic Monday" by The Bangles).

Craziness, I tell you. Ugh.

Let's start with the weekend:
Friday night, The Hubs and I had the best pizza in Cincinnati for dinner. I was good with my calories, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then we drove up to his parents' house so that he could fix some computer problems for them. Other than that, it was a pretty boring night.

Saturday (aka My Arch Nemesis) we had to get up at the crack of dawn to head down and help my Aunt move. Since we left so early, we grabbed McDonald's for breakfast on the way down. So. Not. Good. I basically started my day with 500 calories. Bah. Then, my Aunt bought us pizza for lunch. LaRosa's twice in two days. While that may be heaven for the taste buds, it's pretty much hell on a diet. I stuck to thin crust, and plain cheese, so I think I didn't sabotage myself too badly with lunch.

And then, there were doughnuts. Damn you, Dunkin'! Doughnuts are like my favorite thing. And I had two. I just couldn't help myself. (Oh well...) The one thing that annoys me about the doughnuts, though? Dunkin' Donuts puts "0g Trans Fats!!!" really big on the boxes, like that makes them healthy. Whatever, dude.

And then, there was the cook-out with Tonja & Jason & The BFF/BF. Fun times! Considering the amount of food we had, and the types of food we had, it could have been much worse than it was. Almost everything we had was the healthier version of the real thing. Fat Free Cool Whip, Baked Lays, 0 Calorie butter for the corn, etc. But I still had way more calories than I was supposed to. I felt horrible.

If I had to guess, I'd say I was about 500-700 calories over my allotment on Saturday. It's not the end of the world, but it's not good either. The hard part is knowing that there are just going to be days like that, where I can't prepare, and I can't control everything. I really can't stand not being in control of it, but I need to get used to it because I know it's going to happen again at some point. How do you deal with that?

Anyway, Sunday The Hubs headed back up to his parents' house to try to figure out more of their computer issues, so I had the whole day to myself. I did c25k W2/D3 and 5k on the treadmill, then ate lunch/dinner, and did it again. I was really trying to make up for Saturday, even though I know I can't do it all in one day. In the end, it was over 2 hours on the treadmill, more than 10k, and over 800 calories burned. Not too shabby, but I just can't seem to not feel funky about Saturday. Hopefully soon I'll get back into the swing of things and quit being so OCD about the whole thing.

So, let's talk about last week's goals, shall we?

I did not plan the in-law dinner or either of my doctors' appointments. I'm horrible with that kind of stuff.

I took my Metformin 6/7 days. Not too shabby! And I'm even up to two pills a day now, without the gastrointestinal issues. Now I just need to remember to take the darn stuff!

I did not test my blood sugar at all last week. I'm just not too concerned about it.

I stayed under 2,000 calories 6/7 days. Saturday it was just not meant to be.

I only conquered the Dreaded Steps of Doom one day last week. No excuses.

I accomplished all 3 c25k workouts, and even did one extra.

I did almost double the amount of cardio in my goals: 345/180. Now, that's pretty darn rockstar if you ask me.

So as you saw before, I weighed in at 251.6 - 3.1 pounds down last week. This week, I'm pretty darn sure I won't get that number, but that's okay. It would have been awesome to get under 250 by this weekend, but I'm definitely not going to be heartbroken if I don't. I know that I will get there in the next couple of weeks, and that's awesome enough. This week, I'm just concentrating on not gaining, and losing what ever I can.

I've also found that listening to TBL theme song (Proud by Heather Small) really gets me pumped up to go kick some treadmill butt. I have decided that I really need to join the rest of humanity and buy an iPod. I had a Sony mp3 player a few years ago, but it bit the dust. That's been almost a year and a half ago. Yeah, I think it's time I finally get one. I think it would be really inspirational and motivating to listen to some good booty-shaking music while I'm c25k-ing.

In other news:
This week at work is going to suck. Our receptionist is on vacation, so I have to cover 3 half days at the front desk. This pretty much means I can't get any of my work done while I'm up there, so I'm not really looking forward to it. Bah.

We got our tax refund, thank you jeebus. Let the iPod buying commence.

I found out Saturday that my oldest little brother (14) is going to Washington, DC for his 8th grade trip this week. Not only that, but he gets to place a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. How cool is that?! Apparently, he won an essay contest of some sort, and now he gets the honor of placing the wreath during the ceremony. That's some pretty awesome stuff. Is it wrong to be jealous of a 14 year old?

All right, children. Guess that's it. Have a lovely week!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Wow!! I am super impressed. When I have a crappy day eating wise I think... oh well. and I get on with life. I don't do double the cardio!! My goal is 90 minutes of cardio/ week so you are pretty much kicking my butt in that department! :)