Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Should I be concerned...?

Today, my dear friends, will be W3D1 of Couch to 5k. If you aren't familiar with it, that means I have to do a:

1.5 minute run
1.5 minute walk
3.0 minute run
3.0 minute walk
1.5 minute run
1.5 minute walk
3.0 minute run
3.0 minute walk

Now, last week I barely (and I mean barely) made it through my 1.5 minute runs, and those were followed by two whole minutes of walking. Even when I push myself to run as long as I can, I've only ever made it to two minutes.

Should I be concerned about the fact that they want me to run a full 3 minutes today?! Twice?! Well, I certainly am concerned, and I'll certainly be AMAZED if I do it. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. How can I ever expect to run through a full 5k if I can't run for 3 minutes?

As good as c25k is, I never started this program expecting to be able to go from 258 pounds and barely power-walking to running a full 5k in 9 weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk some of the distance. My real goals are to (1) finish the damn thing, and (2) finish in 45 minutes or less.

Well, I know I can finish 5k. I've done that every time I get on the treadmill lately. It's that darn 45 minutes that I'm working on. And running tonight for 3 minutes at a time is going to get me there.

Eventually.

1 comment:

Sammy Sue said...

I'm scared for us both, but we can do it. It'll probably just hurt. haha... but in a good way. :-) Good Luck!