Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Monday, May 4, 2009

"I'm back in the saddle again..."

("Back in the Saddle Again" by Aerosmith).

This morning's weigh in? 248.0

I'll take it!

I've got a new resolve. A new strength. A new motivation. A week off was just what the doctor ordered. I've decided I'm going to push myself as far as I can go. I'm going to lose those last 8 pounds by May 23rd.

I'm going to do it - no excuses. And here's how:


  • C25k Week 4 at least 3 times this week.
  • 5k on the treadmill at least 5 times this week. (Including my c25k nights).
  • 1,600 calories or less every. single. day. this week.
  • Metformin every single day this week.
  • V8 Fusion and fresh fruit for breakfast every work day.
  • Drink at least 3 full Sigg bottles of water every work day.
  • Continue crazy active work project at least 5 hours of every work day.

I'm excited!

On to other news:

Tonja cancelled her birthday bash this past weekend, so we didn't even have to miss out on it! I'm bummed for her that she cancelled, but excited that we might have a better chance of going when she reschedules.

We didn't see X-Men: Origins this weekend. The Hubs is wicked bummed. Maybe next weekend?

I cooked for The In-Laws yesterday. It was uber awkward. I made Chicken Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies, and Crescent Rolls. The Chicken Casserole turned out great, the Mashed Potatoes were still lumpy, the Steamfresh Mixed Veggies were disappointing, and I burned the bottom of the Crescent Rolls. So maybe The MIL has a point. :-/

Everything was actually pretty good, considering, and I think The In-Laws could tell that I was trying really hard. And no one got food poisoning, that I know of. Yet.

So I guess that's it. This week, I'm focusing on diet/exercise. The Hubs is focusing on schoolwork. And we're both focusing on not having nervous breakdowns.

No comments: