Monday weigh in (on Tuesday): 273.6 lbs. Fo shizzle.
Here we go, kiddos. So far today, I've kicked butt.
- I took the 26 (yes, I count them every single time because they're evil) stairs to and from the floor my cubicle is on.
- I had yogurt, a slim fast and 1/2 a can of Diet Coke for breakfast.
- I decided to go to the Chick-fil-A in the Food Court at the mall because it would be more walking than going to the stand alone store.
- I didn't park by the entrance closest to the Food Court.
- I didn't search around and around for the closest parking spot to the door. I found a spot, parked, and walked.
- I passed up an elevator and escalator in order to take the stairs to the 2nd story Food Court. Even though they were closer, faster, and my left foot has been killing me.
- I ordered a fruit cup with my combo instead of those famous waffle fries.
- I had ketchup (if you're one of those people who spells it catsup, I can't be friends with you) with my sandwich instead of what I really wanted to dip it in (
Polynesian Saucehigh fructose corn syrup)
- I faced, challenged, and defeated my kryptonite:
|See that gorgeous, toasty bun of deliciousness at the top? Goodbye, my almost lover. Goodbye my almost friend. |
But I didn't.
I finally got smart and flipped it over, so that the golden buttery toastiness wasn't taunting me anymore. When that didn't work, I covered it with a napkin. When that didn't work, I threw it away.
Luckily, that worked. It would have been embarrassing to explain to mall officials why a twenty-something girl in business casual attire was dumpster diving at the Food Court.
Unhealthy choices are my kryptonite, but for the moment, I'm Superman.