Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Monday, March 23, 2009

"...If you need me, let me know, gonna be around..."

"...if you've got no place to go, if you're feeling down,
If you're all alone, when the pretty birds have flown,
Honey I'm still free, take a chance on me..."
("Take A Chance On Me" by Abba).

258. No change. Last weeks goals? Well, let's just see about those...

Think good thoughts at least once daily: (7/7) Easy peasy with a Hubs like mine.
Take Metformin daily: (4/7) Damn you, weekend!
Test blood sugar in AM daily: (2/7) Um, yeah...no excuses.
Test blood sugar after dinner daily: (0/7) I really need to set up the alarm on my phone again!
Stay under 2,000 calories daily: (2/7) 2,000 sounds like a lot, until you actually try to do it. I've done it before, though, so I know it's possible.
Do three hours of cardio: (0/180 mins): Did you not read my last blog? Told you, I'm lazy.

Uh huh.

Diet: FAIL. Exercise: FAIL. Weekend: FAIL.

Let's start with the weekend. Friday night was very nice. Dinner on a Long Horn gift card and a free appetizer coupon...can you say "thrifty"?! Then, home and lots of games of Sudoku. I get addicted once I start, so I didn't get to bed until after 1:00 am. Uugh.

Saturday, up and at 'em bright and early to drive an hour to have my uncle do our taxes. Finally! Uugh again. We owe the city, we're getting a whopping $10 back from the state, and our Federal was waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than either of us was hoping for. Those dreams I was having of our shopping spree where we finally get a bed big enough for both our fat booties?! Swoosh, out the window.

Saturday afternoon we both took naps, which is a very rare occurance for me since I find it incredibly hard to sleep during daylight. I was super tired, though. We woke up, I cooked us dinner, and then we left for the In-Laws' house. We hung out with The Kids until after 2 am, randomly pulling up every old TV theme song we could think of, and singing along. Drunken theme song singing is hilarious! (The Hubs and I were sober). Then I wowed the crowd with my amazing ability to list all 50 states in alphabetical order. Yeah, we're a bunch of wild and crazy guys! (Channel your inner Steve Martin, please).

Sunday was laundry day. One of the many benefits of going to The In-Laws' is the free laundry service. The Hubs and his dad spent the day working on my car and miscellaneous other things in the "shop", and I did 8 hours of laundry. And spent the day with The MIL. Yep, that was fun. (How 'bout a little sarcasm for ya kids today...) Then it was back home, a couple more games of Sudoku, and in bed by midnight. Woot.

On to diet and exercise: you all know I suck. I'll leave it at that.

But you all also know that I'm an optimist, and I don't like to leave negative vibes out there without at least attempting to throw some positivity out with it, so:

We got our buddy groups for the 20/20 Challenge. I'm paired with 4 other women: Amanda, Joy, Misha and Nicole. If you're reading this, "Hi Ladies!" :)

Ashlee was very smart/awesome, and paired us up based on how much weight we're looking to lose, and why we're trying to lose it. I'm really excited about the group, and I hope we can really motivate each other to get this thing done! ("...if you need me, let me know, gonna be around...")

I'm really trying to get back in the game, kids.

Nice short little post today, unless I think of something more to add later!

Have a loverly week, my dears!

2 comments:

iateach82 said...

Hi there! It's Nicole from your buddy group!!! Hang in there and each day's a new day! We can do it!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I saw your post about the 20/20 thing on Friday and I totally followed the link and got in on it! We're not grouped up, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm doing it too!