Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Birthday Indulgences



I used to be addicted to Weddingbee. I could spend hours on that site, no problem. Sadly, one day, the owner of the site sold it to eHarmony, and I could no longer visit the site with a clear conscience. eHarmony is notoriously anti-LGBTQ (if you're wondering, that stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning). I am not anti-LGBTQ. In the slightest. Several bees ended up leaving the site for this very reason, and I felt in my heart that I needed to do the same. (Which is also the reason I did not make their name 'clickable' above. Every time you click on a page, eHarmony makes money).

What could this possibly have to do with these ring pictures, you ask? Well, I am only human, and found it very hard to quit Weddingbee cold turkey. I only visit the site once every blue moon now, and on one of those visits, they were doing tutorials on how to get great ring shots, and readers sent in their own engagement ring pictures. The Hubs was away one weekend, so I found every object I could that would make an interesting background, and set up a mini studio on our bed. Out of a zillion pictures, I got about 8 good ones. These are the best of the 8.

The reason this post is called "Birthday Indulgences" is because I know you could probably care less about my rings. It may even come off as though I'm bragging. Trust me, I'm not. I just really like my rings, and I pleasantly surprised myself when I got some half-way decent photos.

I'm indulging in things that make me happy today, and this is one of them.

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rings are beautiful! The top pic is my fav.

Anna said...

Thank you! My favorite is the white one at the bottom, but I'm impressed I got one good picture, let alone 4! :-)