Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Back to the Future

So yesterday I told you all about how we knew that we would be using the Back to the Future theme song in the wedding. Today, I figured it's only fair to show you the video of the proposal.

Plus, I just really like to watch it. LOL.

A few things you should know:

The Hubs knew that I wanted a few things to happen when he proposed. My perfect proposal would 1) have taken some sort of effort on his behalf to pull off 2) would be done in public and 3) would be videotaped for posterity. Later on, I felt like I was putting too much pressure on the guy who would rather blend into the background than be in the spotlight, so I told him that it didn't have to be in public, but it DID have to be videotaped somehow.

I absolutely love fireworks. The Hubs' and my very first date was to a small county fireworks show on the 4th of July, and every year my city throws a HUGE Labor Day bash where hundreds of thousands of people head toward the river banks to watch the biggest fireworks display in the Midwest. The Hubs and I haven't missed a year since we started dating, and we go down the day before to mark our territory with duct tape, dollar store shower curtain liners, and Sharpies. The Hubs knows it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world, despite the crazy crowds and the heat.

So it wasn't a big surprise when we decided to go to the fireworks in 2007. Little did I know, he was planning the most perfect proposal ever...

We had picked out my engagement ring back in February, so I knew the proposal could be at any time. Jack got two of The Kids to come along, Candice (who did our reading) and Harby-Man (the best man, who you can hear saying "we're probably standing in peoples' way..." at the beginning of the video. ) Harby videotaped, I obliviously reveled in one of my favorite experiences, and The Hubs sat there sweating it the whole time. (Some other day, I'll tell you about how he actually lost the ring earlier that day...)

Well, the time came, and he said "It all started with the fireworks, didn't it?" and the rest, you can see on this video.

A couple of things to notice:

1. At about :23 in, The Hubs gives a creepy look to Harby-Man. He was making sure the video was going.
2. At about 1:10, the Back to the Future Theme starts. 1:53 is my favorite part, and in my head, I hear those fireworks crackling every time I hear that part of the song.
3. At about 1:32, you can hear me say "Can we sit down now?!" because we had been standing in peoples' way for about 2 minutes at that point.

Enjoy!

No comments: