Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"I got plenty of nothing, and nothing's plenty for me.."

("Plenty of Nothing" by Frank Sinatra).

As in, I got plenty of nothing to tell you about. Does that stop me from blogging? Hecky naw. Read on, my friends. Read on.

My weigh-in was crap yesterday. 249. I'm not sure how it can be right, unless the 4 pounds I lost last week was all water weight. But, whatever. "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life...for me, and I'm feelin' good." (Michael Buble, "Feelin' Good").

Saturday, The Hubs and I went on a double date with Candoso and Harbeeb (Candice and Harby for those not in the know). We had Olive Garden, where I'm sorry to tell you, I wasn't good at all, but it was good. I was doubly-bad and "shared" a pitcher of Sangria with The Hubs. Honestly, it was worth however many calories were in it, but it wasn't worth the $20 it cost. I couldn't believe it when I saw that! Last time we bought a pitcher, it was $13. Granted, that was a couple years ago, but a $6 increase?! I think that's just ridiculous. But I digress...

We saw this movie...

...which was hilarious, if you like raunchy, dumb humor. (Which, luckily, the four of us do, so we thoroughly enjoyed our movie-going experience.) My favorite quote from the movie was "You are literally too stupid to insult." At any rate, I suggest you see it if you're not easily offended, and you can take a joke. Mrs. B. Movie Grade: B+

After the movie, we hung out at Casa de Harbeeb for a bit and then went to our favorite local bar. As usual, the girls hung out outside on the patio and chatted, while the guys played darts inside. And that's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I like it. (Uh huh, uh huh). (KC and The Sunshine Band, "That's The Way (Uh Huh, Uh Huh) I Like It").

Sunday was my Dad's birthday party, which I was doubly excited about because (1) I missed my Dad, and (2) I got to meet my new "sister".

Isn't she beautiful? And, of course, I would be a bad sister if I didn't pay a little attention to my goofball 'brother' Winston...
Hanging out with these guys, plus The BFF spending the weekend with her (and my, by extension) two beautiful prego friends made me say this bit of rubbish as we drove away:

Crazy Mrs. B.: I want a baby.
Incredulous Husband: A baby? Or a dog?
Crazy Mrs. B.: Both. Either. And/Or. But I want a baby.
Incredulous Husband: *nervous laughter*

Mind you, we're nowhere near ready to have a baby. I know this. But I can't help it. I blame it on Katie over at Confessions of a Young Married Couple who just gave birth to the most adorable little bean ever, and was brave enough to share her pregnancy with the whole blogging world. I'm sure she'll be glad to know that she's the reason for my sudden baby-craziness.

I'm not sure that makes it any easier on The Hubs, though. Oh well. Does anyone out there have an adorable baby that they wouldn't mind sharing with a very responsible, loving, fun blogger?! I need some baby time to get over the urge...

No? No one? No takers? Bah. Guess I'll have to go to the pet store and find some puppies to play with or something...

Ever the queen of non-sequiturs: The Hubs passed all of his classes this quarter! Send him a little mental (or blog comment-y) pat on the back if you get the chance. He was really worried about the Math class he was taking because it was uber challenging for him, but he passed! This is great for several reasons, (1) he doesn't have to struggle through the class again, (2) he can move on to his last math class next quarter, (3) we don't have to pay $500 for the course! Woot! Needless to say, he's very relieved, but not thrilled about starting the next quarter (2 of 6) tomorrow. Yep - he got a whole two days off for break. Bah.

This week's agenda involves cleaning up our pig sty apartment before The Hubs has a nervous breakdown, dragging my fat ass off the couch and back onto that damn treadmill, and digging a hole in our backyard big enough to hide all the leftover movie candy. I'm keeping a Goo Goo though. You might have to pry it out of my dead hands.

Seriously, though, I'm now 17 days away from 5k #2 and I haven't ran since 5k #1. Yes, I'm horrible. I know this. But "tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen" (Pointer Sisters, "I'm So Excited"). If it weren't completely insane security-wise, I would totally give you all my phone number so you could call me and force me to get on that damn treadmill. Right now, I feel like that's just about what it would take.

But I know that's not your job. It's my job to make myself do it. I'm the one responsible for me. But, man, wouldn't it be easier if I could blame it on you?! But I wont. I promise. I 'blame' it on you when I do well, though, because a lot of times it's your encouragement that gets me to try new things and to do things I didn't think I could do. So, see...some of it is your fault. (Thanks for that!)

Ugh, anyway, for a girl with nothing to write about, I sure know how to ramble. Let's sum up this post, shall we?

I gained weight. Olive Garden is expensive. The Hangover was good. Dad had a birthday. Dogs are cute. Babies are cute. I want dogs and babies. No one will let me borrow their baby. The Hubs is a smartypants. Goo Goos are awesome. I miss my treadmill and it misses me. Bloggy friends are the best.

The end.

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I blame Monday weigh-ins! I am at my skinniest every week on Friday so that is when I weigh in now. I gain 2-3 pounds every weekend, work it off by Wed, then try to pull off one more pound by Friday.

I bet if you give it a few days of water drinking and exercise you'll be back down to 246 by Friday.

I know what you mean about Confessions though-- I don't even like babies and that baby makes me want one! Which I mentioned to the bf last night. Which may or may not have freaked him out. Heh. In honesty I think its bc I make him watch too much Oprah w/ me and there is constantly moms on that show that say they don't have time for sex anymore bc of kids and he thinks kids = no more sex. Boys.

NHoyt said...

I sooo do not want a baby. But your welcome to borrow my dogs anytime :)

Sammy Sue said...

1) I SO wanted a baby too after hanging out with the pregos and Evie (or a puppy would suffice).

2) I've been slacking with the running since our 5K too! AH! We better get a move on!

3) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing that math class Mr. B!!! I took a math class last semester and passed by the skin of my teeth, so I think I can kind of relate to the hell + utter relief you must have been/are currently feeling.

Mrs. B, guess what?! I signed up for my first 5K! July 11. And I totally blame you. So there.

Just babysit Winston. Or wait, let ME babysit Winston. He's gorgeous and I luvs him.