Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers Breaking up with Burgers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Choices...and a Wednesday Weigh In

Last Week: 254.2
This Week: 252.6
Loss: 1.6 lb

Well, Happy New Year to me! I wasn't expecting a good number today, what with all the holiday mumbo jumbo going on. 1.6 pounds is awesome, and I'm super happy with it. I finally hit my first mini goal of 10 pounds down since starting the pre-surgery diet. (Which would have been at 253.8, so I kind of just blew through that one!) But I didn't quite make it to my goal of losing 30 pounds in my 30th year - just 28.4.

Wait.

Just 28.4? JUST TWENTY EIGHT FRACKING POUNDS?! Anna! Get your head out of your ass! You lost more than 28 pounds last year! That is amazing! And way better than gaining weight every. single. year. of your life like you HAD been doing.

(Okay, okay, voices in my head...28.4 pounds is A LOT and I'm freaking awesome. Better?)

Ahem...anyway...

And so, for the first time I can literally ever remember, I'm starting this year weighing significantly less than the last. And it feels awesome. And I can't wait to see what is to come. Here are my commitments for 2013:


  • I have a fill on Saturday, and I'm committing to fills every two weeks until I get to where I need to be. No more wasting this tool (and my money!)
  • I'm committing to bringing my lunch more to work. I'm not going to say a specific number of times or anything, but that I will bring it more. Which shouldn't be hard, because I can probably count on both hands the number of times I brought lunch to work last year. 
  • I'm committing to at least one 5k. Even if I have to train and run it by myself, I'm doing one. 
  • I'm committing to moving more. My Mom bought me Just Dance 4 for the Wii, and I've busted a few moves and busted out some sweat, so that will be one of my options. As a tiny little side commitment attached to this one, I'm committing to stop ignoring the fact that my workplace has a fitness center that I walk right past several times a day.
  • I'm committing to following the bandster rules. Even the ones I hate. *cough*Nodrinkingwhileeating*cough*
  • I'm committing to focusing more on school. Gotta get that done in order to leave my crappy current job. 
My favorite commitment this year is that I'm committing to have more fun. Because as Ferris Bueller said,
 "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."

2 comments:

Connie O said...

Your commitments all seem manageable, and you sound highly motivated!

I don't like that no drinking while eating rule either, but I've been trying to drink a lot just before meals, which helps. My surgeon says to stop drinking 15 minutes before, which isn't too horrible, but I know some say to give it even more time. I don't see why, since water must go right through--as it would in a funnel!

MandaPanda said...

New follower here! Love the goals! And 28 lbs in a year is rockin' it!